TechFlow is searching for a talented Scrum Master to join our government services team. The right candidate enjoys a work environment where being entrepreneurial is expected, where innovation and new ideas happen every day, and where problems are solved by teams of passionate and confident individuals. Our culture thrives on out of the box thinking and the unique powerful expressions of our owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, our owners have an expectation of commitment, accountability for their actions, and responsibility for success. We are a company of individuals who work hard to have an impact and make a difference.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial firms such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and key government agencies modernize their critical systems using what has become Agile At Scale software development. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Northern Virginia, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative software engineering solutions and technology to the US Government and commercial entities. TechFlow has had great success at combining its entrepreneurial nature to the company’s deep experience with mission critical systems to solve the most demanding business challenges.
True software and systems development is a team sport. To shape applications/systems, the Scrum Master will need to leverage and utilize company SMEs, in addition to personal experience and expertise, to create the 'ah-ha' moments with clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and dynamic individual who wants to have a meaningful impact.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Facilitate the day-to-day activities of up to three scrum teams. Conduct daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
• Assist Product Owners with sprint review meetings.
• Track progress towards goals and provide documentation such as burn-down charts for weekly and monthly status reports.
• Identify dependencies between backlog items within and across teams and make management and Product Owners aware of them.
• Remove impediments affecting teams or team members by raising issues to management, IT and other teams as needed.
• Work with Product Owners to prioritize product backlog items by providing technical insight into the work being requested – assist with the cost vs. value trade-off.
• Be the eyes and ears for your teams. Watch for and share technical information from other parts of the organization that can help make your teams more productive or save on rework.
• Participate in the annual performance review process by providing brief write-ups about team members to their functional managers.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Scrum Master Certification (required).
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a professional software developer, with at least 2 years working in an Agile Scrum development team.
• Java web application development is strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present technical material to developers and customers; creation and maintenance of document deliverables for clients.
• US Government Clearance, minimum Public Trust *Uncleared candidates will not be considered*
NICE TO HAVE:
• Experience with tools such as VersionOne, Jira, Crucible, HP Quality Center.
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• U.S. Citizenship is required