JOIN OUR EMPLOYEE OWNED TEAM
Are you looking for a place to invest in your future? Then consider a position with TechFlow where we have been providing opportunities for individuals to explore, learn and develop their careers for more than 20 years. Here at TechFlow, you will work with best-of-breed technologies and work in a challenging, dynamic environment where opportunities for training and advancement are provided. TechFlow promotes a work live balance and we offer:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- 401K (with employer matching)
- Life Insurance
- Education Assistance
TechFlow is a government contractor providing professional engineering, analysis, IT and scientific services to the government in business and process analysis, program management, user interaction design, software development, systems O&M and technology support services. We have been providing professional services and technology solutions to government customers since 1995. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA with offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
The Contract Manager is responsible for managing large-scale complex contracts and proposals with minimal supervision and oversight. This position is responsible for identifying risks in proposals and/or contract performance, communicating these risks to upper management, and assisting with mitigation actions. The Contract Manager will focus on proposal strategy, contract performance, and customer relationship management. This position requires above average leadership and communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contract management and administration of large complex Government and/or State contracts, from contract negotiation and award through closeout.
- Reviews, interprets, recommends, and negotiates contractual terms and conditions.
- Interprets established policies, procedures and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that contract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables. Analysis of potential performance and financial risks, including recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Reviews, negotiation, and execution of non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements, including ability to write and negotiate alternative language when appropriate.
- Reads and interprets requests for proposals and advises proposal teams on contractual terms, pricing and cost volume requirements, ands performance risk.
- Develops pricing strategy, pricing worksheets, and cost/price proposal narrative.
- Writes, organizes and prepares cost/price proposals, including detailed cost narrative, Reps & Certs and other supporting documents. This requires the ability to read and understand customer requests for proposals or quotes, create a compliance matrix and plan for the contracts/pricing response, and organize and write the required contracts/pricing response that is compliant to those requirements.
- May participate as a proposal reviewer and/or as a peer reviewer to other contracts team members.
- Represents the organization and interacts with customers as the prime administrative contact on assigned contracts/subcontracts. Responds to a variety of inquiries from internal and external customers. This position may require interaction with DCMA or DCAA representatives.
- Interacts closely, and often initiates such interactions, with program managers and all functional areas of the company, including finance, project control, purchasing/ subcontracts, security, as well as senior management.
- Provides leadership to all levels of the organization, including the contracts team and other departments on matters related to contracts, proposals, pricing, subcontracting, and related matters.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, problem solving and interpersonal skills are required to enable effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to lead teams, special projects, or working groups.
- Well organized, effective time manager; ability to multi-task and adjust priorities quickly, when needed.
- Strong working knowledge and competence in the concepts, principals, and standard practices of federal government contract administration, pricing and negotiation.
- Strong pricing skills, utilizing advanced Excel capabilities.
- Experience with the development of pricing strategies and competitive analysis is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS and other agency regulations, cost accounting standards, pricing strategies, and pricing worksheets that are compliant with FAR requirements.
- Experience with managing GSA Schedules and GWACs.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, FAR and DFAR intellectual property clauses and OCIs.
- Experience with various contract types to include CPFF, CPAF, T&M, FFP, and IDIQ.
- Ability to analyze and solve a variety of moderately complex contract/subcontract administration problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to brief management, up to CEO level, on proposal, contract, program and administration management activities, issues, risks, and proposed solutions.
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with SharePoint and/or Teams is desired.
- Able to work extended hours when required and travel occasionally.
- Active security clearance is desirable.
- Ability to obtain a clearance is a requirement.
- Experience with Deltek GCS Premier or Costpoint is desirable.
- Experience with government property administration is desirable.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or another relevant discipline is desirable, plus 12-15 years experience.
NOTE: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described; rather, they are intended only to describe the general requirements of the job.
- Frequent standing, sitting, waling, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking)
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Vision requirements include: close, color perception, peripheral, depth, and ability to focus.
- Noise conditions range from quiet to moderate.
- TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Work will be performed in TechFlow’s San Diego, CA or Arlington, VA office.