TechFlow is searching for a talented Test Automation Engineer to join our government services team. The right candidate enjoys a work environment where being entrepreneurial is expected, where innovation and new ideas happen every day, and where problems are solved by teams of passionate and confident individuals. Our culture thrives on out of the box thinking and the unique powerful expressions of our owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, our owners have an expectation of commitment, accountability for their actions, and responsibility for success. We are a company of individuals who work hard to have an impact and make a difference.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial firms such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and key government agencies modernize their critical systems using what has become Agile At Scale software development. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Northern Virginia, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative software engineering solutions and technology to the US Government and commercial entities. TechFlow has had great success at combining its entrepreneurial nature to the company’s deep experience with mission critical systems to solve the most demanding business challenges.
True software development is a team sport. To shape applications/systems, the Test Automation Engineer will need to leverage and utilize company SMEs, in addition to personal experience and expertise, to create the 'ah-ha' moments with clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and dynamic individual who wants to have a meaningful impact.
The Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for writing and executing automated test cases and test scripts for validating software application development, tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems and operations systems and work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them. The Test Automation Engineer will collaborate with the Scrum teams and other DevOps team members on automation standards and frameworks and will be expected to complete and communicate automation status with the Scrum team as well as build and execute automation scripts using approved automation tools.
• Build well-structured automation scripts that are easily maintained. Scripts will be validated for correctness
• Create proper documentation of the scripts for execution, maintainability and supportability
• Communicate status of progress to Scrum Master and team
• Execute automation scripts as requested
• Utilize automation when possible; work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
• Be an integrated part of an Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, SQA analysts and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
• Help ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is tested as features are delivered
• Minimum Public Trust security clearance required. *Uncleared candidates not meeting specified requirements will not be considered*
• BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
• 2-4 years’ experience in SQA activities in an Agile / DevOps environment
• Experience in Automated Testing activities in an Agile and DevOps development environment, as well as the tools and methodologies used for automated testing
• Experience working with web applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to perform black-box, white-box and clear-box testing
• Understanding of multiple levels and types of testing (i.e. Unit/Integrated/System/ Security/508/Database/Regression/User Acceptance)
• Suggests methodologies and techniques to improve testing / DevOps efficiency
• Proven track record of proficiency with Selenium / JBoss Developer / Junit
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Proficient with database query tools and Structured Query Language
• Proficient with test management tools (i.e Quality Center, VersionOne, Jira)
• Experience in a development environment that uses automated build and deployment tools such as Jenkins and Puppet
• In depth understanding of web-based applications and relational databases
• Demonstrate ability to work within a team to solve problems, advise, influence and guide the development of technical
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer (Minority / Female / Disability / Vets)
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Eligibility requirement: U.S. Citizenship.