TechFlow is searching for a talented a Database Engineer and Administrator to join our government services team. The right candidate enjoys a work environment where being entrepreneurial is expected, where innovation and new ideas happen every day, and where problems are solved by teams of passionate and confident individuals. Our culture thrives on out of the box thinking and the unique powerful expressions of our owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, our owners have an expectation of commitment, accountability for their actions, and responsibility for success. We are a company of individuals who work hard to have an impact and make a difference.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial firms such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and key government agencies modernize their critical systems using what has become Agile At Scale software development. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Northern Virginia, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative software engineering solutions and technology to the US Government and commercial entities. TechFlow has had great success at combining its entrepreneurial nature to the company’s deep experience with mission critical systems to solve the most demanding business challenges.
True software and systems development is a team sport. To shape applications/systems, the Database Engineer and Administrator will need to leverage and utilize company SMEs, in addition to personal experience, to create the ah-ha moments with clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and dynamic individual who wants to have a meaningful impact.
The Database Administrator shall possess the following qualifications:
• Apply proven principles of theory and design to build and manage a database.
• Demonstrate advanced technical and programming skills with an emphasis on database structures and administration.
• Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis
• Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, database loading software
• Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design
• Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
• The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC)
• Develops requirements from project's inception to its conclusion for a particular business and IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems)
• Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts
• Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; update existing queries, create new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
• Follow Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA) to ensure fast, reliable database configuration and best use of hardware infrastructure.
• Configure databases for replication and instantiation of remote systems for the purpose of Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP).
• Review and optimize the performance of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
• Monitor Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database logs and performance monitoring tools to rapidly identify and resolve issues or incidents.
• Secure database systems by applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and proven industry lock-down measures.
• Implement disaster recovery scheme via Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
• Apply security patches as they become available by database software vendor.
• Deploy customer provided SQL and Procedural Language code.
• Participate in engineering analysis with emphasis on Certification and Accreditation (C&A) package and Oracle security.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum Public Trust security clearance. *Uncleared candidates not meeting specified requirements will not be considered*
• CompTIA Security+ Certification.
• Cyber-Security Workforce (CSWF) Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II.
• Database Administration certification in Oracle and/or SQL server.
• Minimum of six (6) years of hands-on database engineering and administration experience.
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• U.S. Citizenship is required