TechFlow is searching for a talented a systems administrator/ engineer to join our government services team. The right candidate enjoys a work environment where being entrepreneurial is expected, where innovation and new ideas happen every day, and where problems are solved by teams of passionate and confident individuals. Our culture thrives on out of the box thinking and the unique powerful expressions of our owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, our owners have an expectation of commitment, accountability for their actions, and responsibility for success. We are a company of individuals who work hard to have an impact and make a difference.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial firms such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and key government agencies modernize their critical systems using what has become Agile At Scale software development. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Northern Virginia, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative software engineering solutions and technology to the US Government and commercial entities. TechFlow has had great success at combining its entrepreneurial nature to the company’s deep experience with mission critical systems to solve the most demanding business challenges.
True software and systems development is a team sport. To shape applications and systems, the systems administrator/engineer will need to leverage and utilize company SMEs, in addition to their personal experience and expertise, to create the 'ah-ha' moments with clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and dynamic individual who wants to have a meaningful impact. This position combines system administration with database administration and application development. The successful candidate will perform maintenance/updates/patching and backups/recovery as required to maintain currently functionality as well as security accreditation. They will support production systems as needed, to include new development. The candidate will perform weekly data uploads, account maintenance, and provide customer support. They will perform regular database updates, deploy code based changes, and provide status updates as requested. Other ad hoc duties may include but are not limited to process evaluation, review of new products, collection of data and reports generation, etc.
• Minimum Public Trust security clearance required. *Uncleared candidates not meeting specified requirements will not be considered*
• Bachelor’s degree in a field directly related to information technology with 5 to 7 years experience with applicable certifications or equivalent certifications/experience
• Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
• Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
• Develop system architecture and system design documentation
• Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
• Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
• Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
• Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
• Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
• Minimum 3 years experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud technologies
Experience with; Oracle, SQL, Java, Windows Server, Linux
Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment
Ability to work well with others, independently and in a team, including those from other offices and/or contracts
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer (Minority / Female / Disability / Vets)
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Eligibility requirement: U.S. Citizenship.