TechFlow is searching for a talented a Software and Application Engineer to join our government services team. The right candidate enjoys a work environment where being entrepreneurial is expected, where innovation and new ideas happen every day, and where problems are solved by teams of passionate and confident individuals. Our culture thrives on out of the box thinking and the unique powerful expressions of our owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, our owners have an expectation of commitment, accountability for their actions, and responsibility for success. We are a company of individuals who work hard to have an impact and make a difference.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial firms such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and key government agencies modernize their critical systems using what has become Agile At Scale software development. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Northern Virginia, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative software engineering solutions and technology to the US Government and commercial entities. TechFlow has had great success at combining its entrepreneurial nature to the company’s deep experience with mission critical systems to solve the most demanding business challenges.
True software development is a team sport. To shape applications/systems, the software and application engineer will need to leverage and utilize company SMEs, in addition to personal experience and expertise, to create the 'ah-ha' moments with clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and dynamic individual who wants to have a meaningful impact.
• Develop software for new applications and maintenance of existing applications
• Design, code and test all software applications developed
• Develop conceptual and technical design including use of OOA and OOD techniques
• Participate on sprint teams using SAFe, Scrum and Kanban for Agile delivery model
• Minimum Public Trust security clearance required. *Uncleared candidates not meeting specified requirements will not be considered*
• Three to seven years of experience with Java and Object Oriented languages
• Three to seven years of experience in unit and integration testing using JUnit framework, Selenium and JBoss
• Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
• Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
• Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
• Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
• Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
• Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
• Experience in developing applications using JAX-RS or REST technologies, SOAP Web Services, JMS, XML, XSLT, and XPATH
• Working knowledge of application developments methodologies such as SDLC and Agile
• Team player and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to work within a scrum team to solve problems, advise, influence and guide the development of technical solutions.
• Demonstrate ability to write Maven builds and deployment scripts to package and deploy on JBoss application servers
• Linux command line administration
• Conduct multiple levels of testing including unit, system, integration and performance
• Proficient with database query tools and Structured Query Language
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer (Minority / Female / Disability / Vets)
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Eligibility requirement: U.S. Citizenship.