JOIN OUR EMPLOYEE OWNED TEAM
Are you looking for a place to invest in your future? Then consider a position with TechFlow where we have been providing opportunities for individuals to explore, learn and develop their careers for more than 20 years. Here at TechFlow, you will work with best-of-breed technologies and work in a challenging, dynamic environment where opportunities for training and advancement are provided. TechFlow promotes a work live balance and we offer;
Innovative compensation plans
Flexible Spending Plans
401K (with employer matching)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
TechFlow is an employee owned technical services Government Contractor that provides quality IT services to the government in software development, business and process analysis, technology and scientific support services. TechFlow is committed to exceeding our client's expectations by creating an intimate partnership where we work cohesively to help our clients solve their business problems using the latest in web-based and integration technologies. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA and has offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
TechFlow’s Digital Services Development Department, responsible for designing, developing and deploying software for the U.S. Government has an opening for a senior level Technical Team Lead/Technical Architect experienced in all phases of software development.
Note: This position is contingent upon successful contract award of the APLES 2 program.
The successful candidate must be able to perform in a fast-paced USCG. A successful candidate will demonstrate experience in managing complex software development programs, deriving technical requirements, implementing scalable solutions, supporting a broad range of technologies and should be able to work alongside the Project/Program manager, technical staff and client product owners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Engineering Services Service Line, which provides technical architecture and software development services for USCG programs.
- Perform as a lead change agent for a diverse technical team and provide an expert capability and approach for completing the goals and requirements associated with the assigned project.
- Work collaboratively to identify the objectives and provide a breakdown of responsibilities, deliverables, phases and timelines to complete the delivery of the project in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide guidance and support documentation for all aspects necessary to deliver multiple, concurrent projects with project design or technical recommendation including planning, architecture, design, development, legacy migration, configuration management, build environments, testing, security, delivery and operations.
- Analyze and expand on existing requirements to develop and derive functional, non-functional and technical requirements that are buildable and testable.
- Establish and document the technical goals, strategy and deep-dive technical capability appropriate to mitigate unknowns in a complex interconnected project or system.
- Identify and provide documentation and recommendations for the acceptance or mitigation of any issues and risks associated with requirements, proposed systems, solutions, development, designs, plans and timelines.
- Identify development iterations, focus team development of prototypes and sample code that can be used by Developers.
- Provide knowledgeable solutions to resolve complex internal and external issues that can impact the success of the project.
- Interact in a professional manner with technologists, management, project management, Developers and other technical leads throughout the period of performance.
- Identify and mitigate technical unknowns through hands-on deep-dives across all layers of the target systems.
- Evaluate and set the technical framework for removing existing dependencies and direct database hooks so that new modern infrastructures can phase in over time without affecting overall performance or capabilities.
- Review existing documentation and identify gaps and refinements.
- Perform technical architecture and system analysis, and requirements analysis to determine project requirements.
- Participate in the configuration management of system components and documentation.
- Assist in developing plans for development and deployment.
- Oversee teams performing the analysis, design and development of prototypes including user interfaces and framework, database design and enterprise efforts that build on the proposed technical architecture.
- Develop and document the activities, resource estimates and timelines for all planning efforts, design, development, testing, deployment, reviews and approvals required, training and documentation needed and support needs to deliver a system or infrastructure project.
- Participate in reviews with steering committees and senior Managers.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Masters Degree
- 10 years’ experience
- PMP is preferable but not required.
- Understanding of DHS SELC and Agile project management
- SOA (Service-Oriented Technical architecture)
- Enterprise Service Bus/Enterprise Technical architecture, distributed computing, including client-server, 3-tier (Java EE/J2EE) and Web-based
- Virtualized/Cloud-based environments
- Unix (HP, AIX, Linux), Windows
- Java and Java EE-related experience: Servlets, Spring Framework, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, JUnit.
- Automated systems performance, load, stress, data interface, code coverage and security evaluation tools
- Web 2.0 enhanced user interfaces
- SQL database implementations including Oracle DB, DOA, Stored Procedures, ORM
- Java web framework experience, such as Jersey, RESTEasy, Spring Web/MVC, Grails, Angular JS
- Service segmentation (data and business services), characterization, and definition
- RESTful Web Service design, HTTP
- XML Technologies (JAXB, DOM, StAX)
- Configuration Management/Source Control/Build Automation; Rally Software, Subversion
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Master certification
- ITIL certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Work location is in Kearneysville, WV