TechFlow is an employee owned technical services Government Contractor that provides quality IT services to the government in business and process analysis, software development, technology and scientific support services. TechFlow is committed to exceeding our client's expectations by creating an intimate partnership where we work cohesively to help our clients solve their business problems using the latest in web-based and integration technologies. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA and has offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
TechFlow has an opening for a Software Automation Engineer position. This position will be part of the DevOps team. The position will assist in developing and establishing automated testing standards and automation frameworks within an Agile/DevOps development organization. The position will be responsible for writing and executing automated test cases and test scripts for validating software application development, tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems and operations systems and work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them. The Software Automation Engineer will collaborate with other DevOps team members on automation standards and frameworks. The position is required to complete and communicate automation status with the Scrum team as well as build and execute automation scripts using approved automation tools.
• Build well-structured automation scripts that are easily maintained. Scripts will be validated for correctness
• Create proper documentation of the scripts for execution, maintainability and supportability
• Communicate status of progress to Scrum Master
• Execute automation scripts as requested
• Create automation best practices and mentor DevOps team members on their effective use
• Utilize automation when possible; work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
• Be an integrated part of an Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, SQA analysts and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
• Help ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is tested as features are delivered
• 1-3 years’ experience developing automated test scripts in java
• Proficient with Selenium / JBoss Developer / Junit
• Proficient with database query tools and Structured Query Language
• Experience in a development environment that uses automated build and deployment tools such as Jenkins and Puppet
• Understanding of web-based applications and relational databases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of multiple levels and types of testing (i.e. Unit/Integrated/System/Security/508/ Database/Regression/User Acceptance)
• Ability to suggests methodologies and techniques to improve testing/DevOps efficiency
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Proficient with test management tools (i.e. VersionOne, Jira)
• Ability to learn quickly and to multitask
• Demonstrate ability to work within a scrum team to solve problems, advise, influence and guide the development of technical solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Eligibility requirement: U.S. Citizenship.
• Qualified applicants will be given in-depth technical interview - verbal and written - to assess and discuss skills listed on their resumes.
• Work will be performed in the San Diego office.