Linux Administrator 3
TechFlow is a government contractor providing professional engineering, analysis, IT and scientific services to the government in business and process analysis, program management, user interaction design, software development, systems O&M and technology support services. We have been providing professional services and technology solutions to government customers since 1995. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA with offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
TechFlow is looking for a LINUX ADMINISTRATOR 3 that shall assist the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic (SSC Atlantic) Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (Navy ERP) and Business Intelligence Systems at SSC Atlantic in Charleston, SC.
Note: This position is CONTINGENT upon successful contract award.
The Linux Administrator 3 will support the Government in the configuration, administration and day to day operations of fourteen multiple virtualized Red Hat Enterprise servers supplied by the Navy Enterprise Data Center Linux supporting SAP Business Objects and SAP Data Services for assigned applications and systems (currently Data Warehouse Business Intelligence System). The current environment consists of three production nodes (multiple servers) for the creation, test and production of business intelligence reports for about 1400 users. Information Assurance requirements are included from Task Order paragraph 3.5 below are included in this task. The total number of users may increase to 2000 and the number of servers to twenty over.
Duties will include:
- Support day to day administration of the virtualized Red Hat servers.
- Support Promotion Management for ETL artifacts (such as ETL/Data Services jobs, control files, ETL scripts, shell scripts, etc.) from the development tier to the ETL quality assurance tier; and from the ETL, quality assurance tier to the ETL production tier.
- Assist the Extract Transform and Load Team to move scripts/files from one server to another.
- Support user administration and provisioning, to include access restricted file shares with strong or certificate based authentication.
- Install, update, upgrade or configure applications to run under a restricted (“jailed”) root directory.
- Configure new or established applications available from the Red Hat repositories as authorized within the current certification and accreditation to meet production, performance, monitoring or information assurance requirements.
- Implement server level monitoring to help system administrators monitor the production systems, alert them when problems occur, set resource thresholds for alerts, and aid in resolution of problems.
- Schedule, or cause to be scheduled, monthly information assurance scans of the servers.
- Interface with the servicing Data Center for actions that require root administrator privileges in accordance with their service level agreement.
- Install, update, upgrade or assist application owners to configure their applications to run on Linux servers subject to DoD information assurance controls. This includes (re)building applications from source files.
- Remediate findings found in the course of operations or scans to comply with United States Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Computer Task Orders or other requirements for the system in the allotted time.
The Linux Administrator 3 shall possess the following qualifications:
- DoD Security Clearance: Candidates MUST be eligible for a Secret clearance within the Department of Defense.
- DoD Cybersecurity Workforce: Candidates MUST be certified as IT Level 2, IAT Level 2.
- Education: Technical Training in information technology and cyber security.
- Experience: Twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with information technology and cyber security with five (5) years of hands-on experience installing, configuring and sustaining Red Hat Linux to current DoD information assurance requirements, performance tuning and the implementation and exercise of backup and restore capabilities.Must possess a Linux OS system certification.
Must possess one or more of the following certifications:
TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Work will be performed on board the customer site in Charleston, SC.