Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Operator 1
TechFlow is a government contractor providing professional engineering, analysis, IT and scientific services to the government in business and process analysis, program management, user interaction design, software development, systems O&M and technology support services. We have been providing professional services and technology solutions to government customers since 1995. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA with offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
TechFlow is looking for an EXTRACT, TRANSFORM AND LOAD (ETL) OPERATOR 1 that shall assist the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic (SSC Atlantic) Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (Navy ERP) and Business Intelligence Systems at SSC Atlantic in Charleston, SC.
Note: This position is CONTINGENT upon successful contract award.
The ETL Operator 1 will be required to perform daily and weekly scheduled data extracts, transformation and load operations from multiple systems using a combination of PL/SQL load scripts, flat file imports or Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) transfers, Navy ERP ZE-16 table queries or automated data collection applications such as PERL and PYTHON scripts to populate assigned business intelligence systems. The ETL Operator 1 will be required to adjust the order of data fields within records, prepare and process materialized views, and perform other indexing or aggregation functions as required to support reporting requirements in the Data Warehouse Business Intelligence System (DWBIS).
Duties will include:
- Seek to maximize the automation of ETL functions through the use of SAP Data Services and PYTHON scripts.
- Establish and maintain ETL schedules to meet daily and weekly production schedules.
- Establish and maintain data load and validation procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of data by the daily “data available” deadlines.
- Augment these schedules near the end of the fiscal year for more frequent data loads to support year end close operations.
- Create and maintain load scripts (CDRL A005) to accomplish extract, transform, load and validate supporting reports/analytics using multiple data sources.
- Operate and maintain desktop database tools, scripts or queries to process validate extracted data.
- Populate assigned databases with validated records from flat files and extracts from other systems.
- “Cleanse” data extracted from legacy or foreign systems to conform to the data standards for SSC Atlantic business intelligence systems and other systems.
- Write system documentation (CDRL A004) and user facing documentation including help libraries
- Conduct a review and update of the interface specifications and interface security agreements for all external data sources.
- Recommend improvements to reduce the number of manual operations required to accomplish data loads.
- Seek optimization for new and existing ETL procedures.
The ETL Operator 1 shall possess the following qualifications:
- DoD Security Clearance: Candidates MUST be eligible for a Public Trust clearance within the Department of Defense.
- DoD Cybersecurity Workforce: Candidates MUST be certified as IT Level 2, IAT Level 2.
- Education: Technical Training in information technology and cyber security.
- Experience: Eight (8) years of hands-on experience with information technology and cyber security with one (1) year of hands-on experience as a programmer, data analyst or computer script writer in a multi-user production environment.
TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Work will be performed on board the customer site in Charleston, SC.