BMC Remedy ITSM Training SME
ITSM - Quantico, VA - Full Time
TechFlow is an employee owned, San Diego based government contractor providing professional engineering, analysis, Information Technology (IT) and scientific services to the government in business and process analysis, program management, user interaction design, software development, systems Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and technology support services. In 2016, TechFlow celebrated its 21st Anniversary providing professional services and technology solutions to government customers. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA with offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
In anticipation of award of Government Contract, TechFlow is seeking candidates for a Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) Training Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support a government technology contract in the Northern Virginia area.
TechFlow is looking for a Remedy ITSM Training SME for an exciting opportunity in the Northern Virginia area. This opportunity will support a Department of Defense (DoD) customer and their large multi-tenant BMC Remedy ITSM system.
The Remedy ITSM Training SME will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge across the key tasks and high impact assignments related to the development of training materials, maintenance and enhancement of the training environment, and conducting and delivering the training classes. The Training SME will plan and lead the major technical training assignments, evaluate performance results, and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. The Training SME will function as the Remedy ITSM program’s lead training specialist and technical expert across multiple project assignments and will supervise the other training team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following are the general capabilities required by the Remedy ITSM Training SME:
- Ability to assess, design, and conceptualize training scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools, aids, curriculums, and other state of the art technologies related to training.
- Identify the best approach for meeting the training requirements for hardware, software, simulations, course assessment and refreshment, oral examinations, interviews, computer assisted and adaptive testing, and team and unit assessment and measurement.
- Develop and revise training courses.
- Prepare training catalogs, scripts, and course materials.
- Train personnel by conducting formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars at various customer locations both within and outside the Continental United States.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including documenting Remedy configurations and submitting
The following are the ITSM system specific capabilities and skills that will be required by the Remedy ITSM Training SME:
- Mature and update the existing training documentation or develop new training documentation, materials, and packages to coincide with major changes to the ITSM tools suite and processes, such as tools upgrade and enhancements or major ITSM process improvements. Materials requiring updates may include Computer Based Training (CBT), Procedures and Work Instructions, Just-In-Time videos (JIT), Job Aids, and Knowledge Articles for the ITSM processes, workflows, and ITSM tool suite.
- Conduct training for changes to the ITSM tools suite and processes, such as tools upgrade and enhancements or major ITSM process improvements.
- Provide virtual training to ITSM operators, maintainers, and stakeholders.
- Support the ITSM lab manager in maintaining the ITSM training stack so it is up and available to conduct ITSM training and user acceptance testing.
- Ensure the training environment mirrors the production environment in terms of application configuration.
- Maintain configuration management for the hardware, software, networking, and operational procedures for the training environment.
- Have the ability to configure and enhance new CBT modules, JITs, or Job Aids for new ITSM processes, business processes, or ITSM tools.
SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Knowledgeable of BMC Remedy Action Request System (ARS), Mid-Tier, Service Request Management (SRM) and ITSM Suite, to include Incident Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, and the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Proven experience providing training for BMC Remedy ITSM 8.x or higher.
- A positive attitude, with a strong customer focus and desire to support the DoD mission.
- Ability to provide correctional actions due to hardware or software failures or vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) processes – a set of best practices for improving IT management and service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, English, Psychology, or applicable technical field, such as computer science.
- 8 years of experience in the IT or software development field, which includes establishing training needs, developing goals and objectives, developing training programs, creating Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliant materials, and applying the Instructional System Development (ISD) process.
- A training certification, such as Master Training Specialist, is desired.
- An ITIL Foundation certificate is desired.
- TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
- The candidate must be able to meet DoD Directive 8570.01, as required.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must have a Secret clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Work will be performed in the Northern Virginia area.