TechFlow is an employee owned, San Diego based government contractor providing professional engineering, analysis, Information Technology (IT) and scientific services to the government in business and process analysis, program management, user interaction design, software development, systems Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and technology support services. In 2015, TechFlow celebrated its 20th Anniversary providing professional services and technology solutions to government customers. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA with offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
In anticipation of award of Government Contract, TechFlow is seeking candidates for a Project Manager to support a government technology contract in the Northern Virginia area.
TechFlow is looking for a highly motivated Project Manager for an exciting opportunity leading the engineering and operational sustainment for a Department of Defense (DoD) customer and their large multi-tenant BMC Remedy Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) offering.
The Project Manager will have end item responsibility for the project and the team of Remedy developers and engineers supporting the effort. The PM will provide team oversight and performance monitoring, risk management, and will serve as a focal point for Government communication. The PM will provide meeting support including the preparation of meeting materials and presenting as required. The PM has overall responsibility for all deliverables including monthly and weekly status reports, rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates for issue resolution and new opportunities, and solutions developed for this DoD customer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Prior information technology (IT) team leadership and project management experience in a DoD environment. The candidate must be able to develop and maintain project schedules, mapping people to activities across these multiple efforts. The candidate must be a strong communicator, able to communicate implementation details to both technical and non-technical customers.
SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED FOR THIS POSITION
• Experience supporting DoD customers
• Previous experience leading a BMC Remedy ITSM or Service Now development and implementation team is highly desired
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of project management principals
• Actively uses project management tools to manage medium/large-sized projects
• Experience managing multiple activities concurrently
• Manages scope, time and resources of medium to large scope projects, within predefined constraints
• Coordinates activities for team members supporting concurrent activities
• Facilitates team dialogue to identify project risks, develops mitigation strategies/plans and works to have strategies in place should they be needed
• Applies conflict resolution expertise when needed between team members
• Experience with BMC Remedy ITSM, Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
• A positive attitude, with a strong customer focus and desire to support the DoD mission.
• Proven experience leading projects meeting DoD security requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Seven (7+) plus years of leadership experience on projects providing state-of-the-art software solutions in IT, methodology, business process re-engineering, or the DoD support / sustainment.
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Must have a Secret clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Work will be performed in the Northern VA area.