SENIOR BMC REMEDY ITSM APPLICATION DEVELOPER
TechFlow is an employee owned San Diego based government contractor providing professional engineering, analysis, Information Technology (IT) and Scientific services to the government in business and process analysis, program management, user interaction design, software development, systems Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and technology support services. In 2015, TechFlow celebrated its 20th Anniversary providing professional services and technology solutions to government customers. TechFlow is headquartered in San Diego, CA with offices in Albuquerque, NM, Arlington, VA and Idaho Falls, ID.
In anticipation of award of Government Contract, TechFlow is seeking candidates for a Senior BMC Remedy ITSM Application Developer to support a government technology contract in the Northern Virginia area.
TechFlow is looking for a Senior Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) Application Developer for an exciting opportunity in the Northern Virginia area. This opportunity will support a Department of Defense (DoD) customer and their large multi-tenant BMC Remedy ITSM system.
The Senior Remedy ITSM Application Developer will develop customizations and configure ITSM, including its Oracle database, to meet customer-specific requirements and will provide user support for the DoD customer’s ITSM user community. The Senior Remedy ITSM Application Developer will use BMC’s Remedy Developer Studio, Remedy Data Import Tool and Remedy User Tool for configuration and development activities. The Application Administrator can expect to work with all of the BMC Remedy ITSM modules, perform custom ARS development and create solutions using third party tools. The work will also include developing or modifying exiting web services, responsible for exchanging data between the ITSM environment and other sources of event, ticketing, or asset management data.
KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience developing and configuring BMC Remedy ITSM 8.x or higher:
o Trouble-shooting experience
o Application installation and configuration
o Custom Remedy ARS development using Remedy Developer Studio
o Web service creation and maintenance for exchanging data with external sources
• Able to interact with existing and new customers to:
o Rapidly resolve customer incidents, requests, or answer questions using phone, e-mail, chat, and desktop collaboration
o Create Knowledge articles and streamline operational activities
o Document all communication in Remedy tickets, providing required details to resolve issues
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including documenting Remedy configurations and submitting change requests to Change Review Boards (CRBs)
SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED FOR THIS POSITION
• Proficient in BMC Remedy ARS, Mid-Tier, Service Request Management (SRM) and ITSM Suite to include Incident Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, and the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• Experience with integrations to data sources such as Microsoft SCCM, HP Operations Management tools, or Remedy’s Distributed Server Option (DSO).
• Proven experience providing administration of BMC Remedy ITSM 8.x or higher.
• A positive attitude, with a strong customer focus and desire to support the Department of Defense (DoD) mission.
• Ability to provide correctional actions due to hardware or software failures or vulnerabilities.
• Familiarity with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) processes – a set of best practices for improving IT management and service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS in technical field, preferably in computer science. A BMC Remedy ITSM Certification may be substituted for the degree.
• Five (5) years of direct experience providing software solutions in BMC Remedy ITSM.
• Proficient in configuring and customizing BMC’S ITSM Suite and enabling technologies.
• Candidates will be required to obtain and maintain required Information Assurance (IA) certification under DoD Directive 8570.01 in an IA Technical Level II role. Candidates must obtain the certification within one month of accepting an offer.
• An ITIL Foundation certificate is desired.
• TechFlow is an equal opportunity employer.
• The candidate must be able to meet DoD Directive 8570.01.
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Must have a Secret clearance.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Work will be performed in the Northern Virginia area.